Tuesday, July 31, 2007


The room is decorated around an antique quilt that I got years ago from my parents' antique store. I made the crib skirt and valances from white eyelet material and had Ben cut the pattern from the quilt out of wood. I covered the wood stars and flower shapes with scrapbooking paper to match the quilt and those will hang on the wall. Most of the things in the room were bought used or were made by me which has been fun figuring out what would look good and how I could accomplish it. I even mixed the wall paint from left over paint that Ben had in the garage. All of this probably sounds strange to most people but for me, it was the only way I could make the room look just how I wanted it since I couldn't find what I wanted in stores.


Here's a little idea of how many baby clothes we have. I say "an idea" because this doesn't include the clothes that my sister loaned us. We are set for the first 2 years. Not a bad problem to have. Thank you John and Christy!

1 comment:

amosclarkson said...

The nursery is too cute! WOW! You are so lucky to get so many clothes! We are so far the only boy among my friends and family group so I'm kinda out of luck on that end.