This morning we went to see Dr. Tickles (yes, that's really the pediatrician's name) for Georgia's 2 week check-up. She is now back up to her birth weight -- she gained 8 oz in the past 7 days. She's also grown 2 inches since she was born. The doctor said we can start feeding on demand which will be anywhere from 2-5 hours between feedings rather than having to wake Georgia up in the night to eat. That hasn't been very successful anyway. Maybe that means I'll get a little more sleep. I'm excited to see how it works out tonight.
With my mom's assistance we made a trip to the grocery store, I drove for the first time since I had the baby, and I even carried the carseat on my own. Such simple things are huge milestones right now. I'm on the road to recovery and am looking forward to being able to do more and more things in the next week. My end goal is to feel good enough to go for a walk on our property. Georgia likes being outside so I think it will be a great way to get her out in the fresh air and I can start working off my baby weight. We'll take her faithful guardian Maximus with us. He has become VERY protective of her and is particular about who is allowed to hold her. A friend came over the other day and was holding Georgia and Maximus barked at her a couple of times and jumped up once when she got close to him. I thought for a minute he might jump the baby gate to protect the baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment