Sunday, September 2, 2007

How things are going

A week has passed and while, for the most part, everything is going well, there are still some challenges. Since I'm still trying to heal, I don't get around quite like I used to and try to spend as much time not sitting or standing if possible. This is hard when you want to get the house cleaned and take care of things that you're used to doing. Updating the blog is hard on me b/c of the time I spend sitting in a chair so I've discovered that a boppy can also be used as a donut. Today I finally remembered and found time to brush my teeth at 3:30 pm. Normally this would gross me out but these days it's just a lower priority. I've been wearing Ben's t-shirts b/c the maternity clothes are big now and my summer clothes are stored away upstairs and I haven't made it up there to see what might fit. I've lost 15 lbs but it will still be a while before these hips fit in my old clothes. That's frustrating.

Nursing is going SO much better and Georgia seems to know the routine and is ready to eat when it's time for her to eat. A few days ago I would spend an hour trying to wake her up to eat. That's not very fun in the middle of the night when you've only had 2 hours of sleep. I'm averaging 4 hours of sleep each night. It's hardest at 2:00 when I've only had an hour of rest but by morning I some how have enough energy to start the day. Last night was a bit harder. By 6:00 am I had only slept 2.5 hours. I think Georgia had a tummy ache from something I had eaten and nothing I did could calm her enough to sleep. I have so much respect and sympathy for anyone who has had a collicky baby. Fortunately for us she's good 90% of the time and I just need to start watching what I eat now that I know it's affecting her.

No comments: