Saturday, October 6, 2007

A week of "firsts"

Georgia started the week off well. She slept through the night! She'd had a couple of other nights recently where she slept for 7 hours but unfortunately those nights started earlier so I still had to get up to feed her. Now even though SHE slept through the night, I of course was waiting for her to wake up and feed. She has started smiling a little too. Ben said she smiled at him last week when he was touching her cheek and I saw her smile at her musical giraff. Yesterday I took her to my parents' house and as soon as my dad held her she started smiling at him. I was starting to feel offended or that maybe my face was so "old news" to her that I wouldn't get smiles but I got them out of her this morning.

I took her to the pediatrician this week because she started having diarrhea and I was worried about her getting dehydrated. She's okay and the doctor said it should go away in 4-5 days but possibly up to 2 weeks. But b/c of the diarrhea, she's hungry every 2 hours unless she's asleep. Before this she was eating every 5 hours. While we were at the doctor's we got her weighed. She's 9 lbs 12 oz (gained about 2 lbs from her birth weight and has grown 4 inches).

She got her baby acne this past week also but it seems to be going away now. What a week! And now we're off to her cousin's first birthday party.

2 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Wow! She was feeding every 5 hours?! Eli still feeds every 2-2 1/2 hours when he is awake and it extends to 3-5 hours if he is asleep (day or night). I long for the day when his feedings are more spread out!

Smiling is so fun!! Eli smiles now, too, and it is too cute!

Micah and Beth said...

You look wonderful Carrie! I can't believe Georgia is such a great sleeper. Yeah for you...hope you get to enjoy many more nights full of sleep.