Saturday, June 13, 2009


A few weeks ago we went to the Brookside Art Fair. There was one painting that I really liked. It was simple but striking with the contrast of deep red flowers against a textured beige background. It was $6,000 so we decided not to buy it. Without me knowing, Ben took a picture of it with his phone and from this photo, he painted a replica. This was my Mother's Day present. And Georgia helped too. In the lower right corner he put her handprint. If you're thinking, "hmm, I didn't know Ben could paint", well all I can say is there isn't much he can't do. If he wants to, he will.




Ben & Georgia checking out the garden. I took this picture a week ago and since all the rain this past week everything has doubled in size. It's been exciting for us to watch it grow and see the little vegetables developing. We call them our children because we relate it to watching babies grow and develop.






Enjoying a smoothie on a warm, sunny, summer day. It doesn't get much better than this.




Smoothie lips.



Pretending to be mommy.




Having her morning Eggo.



Peek-a-boo!



Notice the pigtails? I think she looks older with her hair up.



Georgia loves to wear daddy's hats. There's a little bit of cross-dressing going on in this picture.




Last night Georgia slept with Ben's hat on, and yes her crocks too.



Georgia loves Ben's big shower in the basement. She runs through the water and likes how it echos. She likes it so much that now I can't get her to take baths.
Georgia LOVES to dance. You know that saying, "Dance like no one is watching"... I think this what they mean.

4 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Adorable pictures! That's funny about her liking the shower more than the bath. Dancing toddlers are too cute!

Amanda said...

Ha, love the video of her saying no to the bath! And, way to go Ben on the awesome Mother's Day present!

Micah and Beth said...

love the painting...very impressive. Georgia is just a beautiful as ever! Don't you love summer? Let's get together soon!

Sarah & Scott said...

those videos were too funny! love the one of her not wanting to take a bath. so sweet.