Joe is growing like a weed. At his 1 month check-up he weighed 10 lbs, 4 oz and was 22.25". He's gained 3 lbs since birth and grown 2". He's in the 50-75 percentile for weight, 75th for weight and 25th for head.
People keep asking if Joe looks like Georgia did. Most of the time I don't think so but occasionally when he's sleeping I realize how much they have in common. Here's a side by side of our beauties.
Georgia has been the most loving big sister imagineable. She kisses on Googy constantly and says she's going to marry him when he gets older.
She has also been the best helper imagineable. Every morning she drags a kitchen chair to the counter, gets a box of Eggos out of the freezer, puts one in the toaster and makes her breakfast. She helps me with so many things when I'm not able to get up and do it myself. And when I need a nap, she plays in her room for an hour so I can sleep. One morning I woke up at 7 and she hadn't come in my room yet so I was concerned because she never sleeps that late. I went to her room and her door was closed. When I opened it, she was awake and playing. I told her I didn't know she was already up and she said she was playing quietly so that I could sleep in.
The 3 of us took a walk this week. I got a K'tan carrier to carry Joe so I can be hand's free. He sleeps great in that thing and surprisingly it doesn't kill my back.
Georgia does great keeping herself entertained every day but she's really getting lonely, wanting kids to play with. We've made a few play dates but I think she'll be glad to be back in daycare full time again. On nice days, Ben tries to take a break from studying to take her outside. They put on their matching outfits and went "hunting" for sheds. They walked all over through the woods and creek and had a great time together.






No comments:
Post a Comment