Thursday, January 5, 2012

FESTIVALS: Irish and Rennaissance

Having 2 kids, a husband who is a full-time student, and working full time, doesn't leave me much time to keep up with the blog, even though I think about doing it almost every day. I actually took off work today to get things done, one of those being the blog. So although it's now 2012, I'm catching up with the past few months.



This past Fall we went to the Irish Festival and met up with our good friends Christy and John, and also Ben's sister Sandy.  

 

Here's Georgia and Gabby, John and Christy's daughter. The Irish Festival had so many wonderful kid activities. The girls even got to be in a kids princess parade.

 It's rare that I'm in a picture since I'm usually the one behind the camera. So even though I'm blinking in the picture above, I included it because it is one of few of our family and Ben's sister is with us.

Why is there a laundry basket on our front porch? Well, Ben and Georgia rescued a turtle and brought it home...a HUGE painted turtle that Georgia named "Waffle House" and we temporarily had him in the laundry basket until we decided how to feed him.  Waffle House is now living in our fenced-in back yard somewhere.
 

At the Irish Festival, a group of high school kids put on a performance of Disney songs. I have never seen Georgia so happy. She ran around meeting and hugging each and EVERY character and the students were so great with the kids, making them feel so special. Later that night Ben said, "Seeing Georgia that happy almost made me cry." and I told him it did make me cry. I was fighting back tears watching her. Those kids don't know what an amazing night they created for her.
Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder

Snow White

Tiana from the Princess Frog

Georgia was THRILLED to meet the 7 dwarfs

This was the only princess that Ben and I couldn't figure out but I'm sure Georgia knew who she was.

Ben's oldest brother and his family came to visit us all the way from Washington state.

We took them to the Renaissance Festival, our annual event. Joe went for his first time but I'm sure it won't be his last.


We tried on the helmets and were amazed at how heavy they were.

Ben has his own reasons for going.


A few weeks later one of Ben's other brothers came down from Iowa and took Georgia and her cousin back to the Rennaissance Festival. The girls got dressed up for the occassion.

 






No comments: