Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sleeping through the night


Well it didn't take long to break her of the bad sleeping habit (although I do realize that both of the photos I'm putting on here are of her sleeping in places that are NOT her bed.) She goes to her bassinet just fine now and will lay there until she falls asleep rather than needing to be rocked to sleep first. I don't want to jinx myself but two nights ago she slept 5.5 hours, the next night she slept 7.5 hours and last night she slept 8 hours, from 9:30 pm to 5:30 am. And to top that off, she went right back to sleep after she ate and slept another 3 hours each morning. She's now 7 weeks old so I'm really excited about all of this b/c it will be so helpful when I go back to work in 3 weeks.
Because of Georgia's sensitive stomach, I've had to eliminate many things from my diet. I started with the obvious culprits; onions, cabbage, broccoli, beans. Pizza bothered her so I asked her pediatrican and she said it's the garlic in the sauce. She said to also avoid celery, cucumbers, mexican food, italian food, and chinese food. Caffeine from chocolate and soda really upset her stomach and I've realized that most processed foods have either onion or garlic in the ingredients so I can't eat those either. This means no frozen dinners or canned soup for lunch when I go back to work. She also can't handle fast food. I've tried a hamburger, chicken sandwich and chicken nuggets and each time it hurt her tummy. She seems okay with dairy so that's good.



3 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Once again, I am jealous of her sleeping so well!! You must be really lucky because all the women in my breastfeeding group still have to wake up to feed at least twice and some of the babies are 3-4 months old! Enjoy the sleep as the lactation consultants have said many babies start to want to feed during the night again when mommies return to work...a lot because of comfort and missing you. She's adorable!!

the hortons said...

Carrie,

She is so beautiful. What a peaceful little sleeper! Nursing a newborn is tough as Mom has to make a lot of dietary sacrifices, like delicious pizza. Don't fear, because as Georgia gets older her stomach will better tolerate all that good stuff you enjoy eating!

Nanthida

Sarah & Scott said...

carrie - georgia is SO adorable! what a cutie pie. i can't tell whether she looks like her mom or dad yet, but she is SO gorgeous!

love,
sarah koehler