Thursday, October 11, 2007

They grow up so fast




This would make a better example if Georgia wasn't covered in a blanket in the first photo but I wanted to show how much she's grown. I notice it most when she's in her bassinet and I think she's going to out-grow it pretty soon.

Today she's taking her nap in the bassinet b/c I think she's getting used to sleeping in her swing, carseat or when people hold her and then at night she doesn't like to be put in her bed. The books say that even at this young of an age a baby should sleep in the same place for naps and bedtime because they're learning a habit. This seems to be the case with Georgia. She falls asleep just fine but wakes up when she hits the mattress. She sleeps just about anywhere else with no problem b/c that's what she's accustomed to. So the sad part of this story is that Ben doesn't get to let her sleep on him at night anymore. She used to sleep the first few hours of the evening on his chest. He's sad about this but it's what's best for her and us in the long run.

We met with our daycare provider yesterday and met the other kids that she watches. They all seem like really sweet, well mannered kids so that was nice. Georgia had no problem sleeping through the noise of them playing so that was good too. Since I'll be going back to work in just 3 short weeks, I'm going to see if we can get on a little bit more of a schedule. I don't want to be too strict about it because I think she should eat if she's hungry and sleep if she's tired (I know I need to eat when I'm hungry!) but if we can get some kind of routine figured out, it might be helpful for the babysitter and for me when I go back to work. I'm keeping track of what time she eats, sleeps and how long she's awake so I can figure out how many bottles she'll need during the day. Last night she slept 5 hours, ate and slept another 3 hours and that seems to be pretty typical these days. We've been so blessed to have a good baby. She hardly ever cries and if she does, she's telling us to change her diaper or feed her. If it's not one of those two things, then she's trying to poop and a pacifier will calm her. Yesterday she was fussy for a little bit and I started rubbing her feet because I was putting her sock back on. She started to calm down a bit so I kept rubbing her feet. I don't know much about baby massages but I just recently had been reading about it. So I started rubbing her legs, arms, hands and so on and she LOVED it. She started smiling and cooing. Baby massages sounded silly to me but I guess a massage feels as good to an infant as it does to an adult.

No comments: