Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Just some updates

It's been harder to keep up with the blog lately but I thought I'd take a minute to actually write something rather than just post pictures. I'll start with Georgia's latest tricks and favorites. In the past couple weeks she has learned how to roll to her side. She puts her legs straight up in the air and throws them to the side. She does this usually to position herself so she can watch t.v. She loves watching t.v. and according to the babysitter she REALLY loves the Garth Brooks concert that was taped in KC. Fortunately our babysitter has it recorded so she can play it whenever Georgia is fussy. She said that Georgia gets really excited and throws her arms and legs around when she watches it but cries on commercials. As soon as Garth starts singing again, Georgia is happy. She's getting more interested in books and tries to turn the pages. We read The Night Before Christmas almost every night and she doesn't get tired of it.

She's all about her hands and anything else she can get into her mouth...toys, bibs, other people's hands, etc. She has started kissing (in the way that babies kiss). If you go in to give her a kiss she smiles and opens her mouth wide. She's also into spitting. Ben finds this very amusing and spits with her (I did say with her, not at her). She's generally still very happy and smiles a lot, especially when Ben's around, but I can't say that she's actually laughed yet. She just coos when she's happy, again this is usually when Ben is making faces at her. She's DEFINITELY a daddy's girl. Mom is great too but boy does her face light up when she sees her daddy. She has also discovered mirrors lately and thinks that's funny. I can't tell if she knows that she's looking at herself but sometimes it seems likes she's putting it all together. She sees me in the mirror and sees her hand in the mirror and then she looks at herself and smiles really big.

She's been really congested the past few weeks and we've tried everything. We do the saline drops and bulb syringe several times a day, sleep with a cool mist humidifier, I elevated her mattress under her head, we've sat in a steamy bathroom and it just isn't getting better so I took her to the doctor today. They gave her antibiotics and hopefully this will fix it. I feel so bad for her because she has a hard time nursing and doesn't want her passifier because she can't breathe very well.

I don't know her exact weight but I weighed her on our scale while I held her and subtracted my weight and she's around 13.5 lbs. I'm so glad she's not any heavier because I can barely carry her in her carseat anymore. My back is so sore from carrying her so I've been going to a chiropractor. It seems to be helping.

No comments: