Friday, January 18, 2008

First word????

Well, I'm not going to put it in the baby book as her first word but I got Georgia to say DaDa last night several times. It happened by accident the first time so then I kept saying DaDa and she said it again. Of course that got me excited so I kept saying it to her and she said it a few more times. I walked across the room to do something and she said it on her own, clear as day. Ben is my witness. He heard it too. She doesn't know what or who DaDa is and, if anything, she probably thinks it's me since I said it to her about 200 times last night.

The other night I wanted to see if she could sit up on her own if I put the boppy around her. She did great and was "talking" away so I got the video camera out. I was so happy that I was finally getting an interesting video of her, not only babbling a lot but sitting for the first time. She really performed and it was great. I stopped the camera and put it down for a minute to wipe up some spit-up and then restarted the filming. She talked and did raspberries and again I had a great movie. I stopped again and restarted it after cleaning up more spit-up and noticed that when I hit the button to restart, it said it WASN'T recording. So I replayed my videos and found out that it was off when I thought it was on and it was on when I thought it was off. My only videos are of the couch cushion and Ben's feet. If you're a parent and remember your baby's first's, you can imagine my disappointment. I tried to start all over but by then she was tired, slumped over and sucking on her hand. The moment was gone.



















2 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Bummer!!! Wow, saying "dada", huh? Eric is always saying "dada" to Eli and he hasn't caught on yet. I'm sure he'll say "dada" before "mama", though when the time comes.

beth said...

I know it's disappointing that you didn't get it recorded, but it's a funny story!!! Miss Georgia is as beautiful as ever!