Thursday, March 6, 2008

6 month check-up

We have a TOOTH! Just poked through today.

I'm a little late in posting this but here's how Georgia checked out at her 6 month doctor visit:
Weight: 17 lbs 5 oz (71st percentile)
Height: 27 3/4 lbs (95th percentile)
Head: 17" (64th percentile)

I was expecting her to be closer to 20 lbs because she looks so big in her carseat but I guess she can keep using that, her swing, bouncer and some other things for a while longer than I thought. Now if they measured and ranked the circumference of thighs, I think she'd be pretty high up there. Ben told her this morning that she's going to be pear shaped. I just love pinching those chubby thighs but I hope warm weather comes soon because some of her 9 month pants are too tight to get over her legs. I told her she'll have to wear dresses a lot when it gets warm and then when she starts crawling and burns some calories maybe pants will fit again. I remember when we used to flop around her little chicken legs and now I feel like I'm going to pull her feet off when I try to hold her legs up to change her diaper. There's a lot of weight in those legs.

Once again Georgia took her shots like a champ. She cried when they gave them to her but not for long and was happy as could be the rest of the night. We started her on solids (green beans) and it's been a source of entertainment for us. I have a video of her sour, disappointed face when she ate them but I used the video camera instead of the digital camera and I'm not sure yet how to load that. We also have started her on a cup of water when she eats and she does really well with that. I think she just wants something to wash down those nasty green beans. Vegetables before fruits. She doesn't know that better things are to come.

I'm SOOOoo happy to report that we finally have a bedtime routine. WooHoo!!! Surprisingly, the people who write those baby instruction books know what they're talking about. At first it was hard to stick to what they said to do but since they said it would take about 5 - 7 days, we gave it a shot. Now instead of her going to bed at 9:00, she's in bed at 7:30. And instead of it taking an hour to prepare her and calm her for bedtime, now it's just a few minutes. And instead of her crying for an unknown amount of time, she usually makes a couple of cries and falls asleep. And we don't hear another peep until 5:15 a.m. That's when she's ready to eat and once her tummy is full she goes back to sleep for another hour. Yes, we've been blessed with a good sleeper. My sister doesn't think it's fair.

3 comments:

amosclarkson said...

I don't think it's fair, either!! You are definitely blessed with the good sleeping. We will start a new routine this coming week but with Eli being sick, I haven't been able to start it yet. A tooth, huh? I keep thinking he'll have one soon but nothing yet!!

Sarah & Scott said...

that so so exciting about georgia's tooth! :) yay!

what book are you using? just wondering, for future reference with sleepless nights! :)

love,
sarah

Micah and Beth said...

Yeah for early bedtimes!!! We cherish our time after A goes to bed.