Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July


This 4th of July was spent with family. I got to finally meet 2 of my first cousins that we haven't seen since I was a baby. It was so nice to finally meet them and have almost the entire family together in one place.


We went to my aunt's for some BBQ and swimming. Georgia didn't understand why everyone was laughing at her belly sticking out of her swimsuit. Isn't that what that hole is for?


Here's one of my "new" cousins with Georgia and my niece.

Here's my dad with my nephew and Georgia. Georgia gets so excited when she sees her grandpa. I think it makes his day.


I made this dress for my niece. It was supposed to be a swimsuit coverup b/c it matches her suit; that's why there aren't any straps. But when she put it on she loved it so much that she wanted it to be a dress. She decided that it's a wedding dress (a dress to wear to weddings) because it's strapless and the dress that her mom wore to my wedding was strapless.


It wouldn't be a family get-together without some kisses from the cousins.


It's so hard to get a good picture of all 3 kids sitting up and looking at the camera at the same time. I thought this one turned out good.


Georgia found this chair at my parent's house. She loved playing with it and sitting on it like a big girl.


Well, Ben has found a solution to my delima of how to get laundry downstairs to the washer and still keep an eye on Georgia. I don't know why I didn't think of this.


Georgia's Updates:
* She is starting to stand on her own for a 5-10 seconds but she doesn't have the confidence to do it for longer. She realizes what she's doing and bends over to put her hands on the floor.
* Two more teeth are coming through on the bottom which has led to a runny nose and fever. We're both home today with colds and I'm trying to figure out if her symptoms are just from teething or if she should go to the doc. Last time I thought it was all just from teething and later found out she had an ear infection.
* She can mimic the sounds that "the horses say" and that "the monkeys say".
* She can pucker up and make a kissing sound. I'll try to get a video of this because it's so cute. She looks like she's doing a fish face and then "kisses".
* She LOVES to walk if anyone will hold on to her for balance. She hasn't perfected crawling yet but is very good at doing the wounded Army crawl, that's what Ben calls it. She keeps her belly on the floor, pulls with her hands out in front of her and pushes with one foot, dragging the "wounded" leg behind her.

3 comments:

Micah and Beth said...

You and I did the same thing this holiday. I got reaquainted with some of my long-lost cousins too!!! I love the pics of Georgia--- as always! Cute dress you made too!!! I'm impressed.

amosclarkson said...

The swimsuit & laundry pics are great! We'll have to try the laundry idea soon ;) It's funny because Eli does somewhat of a kissy sound but his is more by poppy his lips out instead of a fishy face. He does it over & over.

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable! I can't believe how tall she is getting! I hope you will be visiting soon! Give her a hug and kiss for me.
Love ~ Sandy