Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm sitting here waiting for my videos to upload and thought I'd use this time to share a story that happened to us a few weeks ago. We had gone to Walmart for groceries and since we had to pick up Ben's truck from his brother's house on the way there, we both had our cars. After we got our groceries, I put Georgia in the carseat and started putting the bags in the back. The car parked in front of me wouldn't start so the couple asked if they could get a jump. Ben didn't want to leave me alone with them so he popped the hood, started my car and closed the door. He got their car started, I got the groceries loaded and I closed the back door not knowing that Ben had closed the other doors. My car automatically locks when the keys are in the ignition and is started. So there we were in the Walmart parking lot with a 1 year old locked in the car. You can imagine my feeling of helplessness. I didn't even have my phone or purse b/c they were in the car too. Since we both had our cars there, Ben drove home and returned a 1/2 hour later with the spare set of keys. I stood outside the windows making faces and doing whatever I could to entertain Georgia and keep her calm. Ben's brother came over and helped me. I can only imagine what people were thinking when they saw us. Oh, and if you're wondering what the couple did, the couple who we helped jump their car...they saw what happened to us, looked at each other and left. I thought that was especially kind of them. (yes, read that last sentence with sarcasm)

We went to the Oktoberfest this weekend. It took several tries to get Georgia's head in the hole but we finally got the picture.


Last weekend Georgia and I went to birthday party at Deanna Rose Farm. If you look closely at the sign on the building it says "Georgia's Henhouse".


Georgia loves to wear Ben's hats. She puts them on her head and walks around with them. Here they are reading Mother Goose nursery rhymes.



There was a band at the Octoberfest that Georgia enjoyed. She put on quite a show running around greeting all the old people and dancing to the music. She didn't quite get how to do the Chicken Dance but her Great Grandfathers would have been proud of their little German girl.






1 comment:

Sutton Family said...

Those videos are hilarious. She is getting so big. That totally sucks about locking the keys in the car. Good thing you didn't live too far way to get the spare set...still scary though.