Last week Georgia was running a fever so Ben stayed home with her. She LOVES to wear hats and mittens and kept trying to put them on so Ben helped her get them on. He said she wore them for about an hour.
I have also mentioned Georgia's favorite T.V. channel is Noggin (the preschool learning channel) but in particular she adores Moose A. Moose, a cartoon moose that sings songs and does puzzle games between programs. He's sort of like the intermission and Georgia always stops what she's doing when she hears Moose's voice. She's been crazy about him ever since she was little. So for Christmas, her uncle Dave found a lady who makes Moose A. Moose dolls. He contacted her but she said she wasn't making any more, was all moosed-out and had too many other projects to do. He convinced her that she would make a little girl very happy for Christmas if she did one more. He had to promise to send her pictures of Georgia with the doll. When Georgia sees it she gives it kisses and says "moo".
This year we did Christmas at my parent's house. Surprisingly Georgia's favorite things to play with were all of her cousin Luke's gifts. There was hardly a minute of the day that she didn't have his Army helmet on.
Unfortunately she was just getting over her 3 day fever, still feeling pretty lousy, and wasn't in much of a Christmas mood. We took her to the doctor a few days later since the offices were closed and we had already headed up to Iowa to see Ben's family. She has ANOTHER ear infection. She just finished her antibiotics for the last ear infection 2 weeks ago and her ears were healthy and fine then. This is her 4th ear infection in the past 2 months so we're making an appointment with an ENT to see about doing tubes. Hopefully she doesn't have damage to her ears from all of the infections.
Georgia has started adding "a" before her words. A dog, a duck, a mom, etc. She also has learned how to use the word "no" as a response to a question rather than "no" just being a word for when she's doing something she shouldn't. The other night she was throwing a fit when I was trying to do our bedtime routine. I said, "do you want to get in your bed?" and she said, in a pouty voice, "no". Another day I asked her if one of her uncles could get a kiss from her and she turned away and very quietly said no. This new communication with her has been helpful and it's made me realize that she really understands what we're saying to her. Before this I felt like I needed to repeat everything and talk in simple words but now I understand that she understands. Last night when I was putting her to bed she was laying down in my arms and I asked her if she loved me. She sat up and gave me a kiss. I took that as a yes.
New words: "moo" for moose, cold, attempts to say cereal when she sees cereal.
new animal impressions: alligator, gorilla, rabbit
New names of family members: Ben (her cousin), Jack, Dave, Tay (for Taylor)
No comments:
Post a Comment