Georgia loves to sit on the potty chair. Every night she tells me "Poo" and I ask her "did you poo?" and if she goes running into her bedroom, that means she wants a diaper, and if she doesn't run off, then it means she hasn't "pooed" yet. That's when I strip her down and sit her on the potty. So far nothing has happened but we read books and sing songs and play with toys to try to pass the time and wait for something to happen. If she stands up I say, "lets put your diaper on" and she immediately sits back down. She's not a fan of diapers.
So what's Ben's big news??? As of Monday, he is officially a full-time student. Construction work has dried up since people don't have the money anymore to finish their basements. Not knowing how long it will be before things get better, Ben decided it would be smart to make a career change. Using his degree in Biology, he's enrolled in Cleveland Chiropractic. It's a 4 year program that he's doing in 3 years which means that he has 36 hrs this trimester!!!! Classes from 7:30 - 5:30 every day. YIKES. He's excited and I'm SO proud of him. I know he'll do great.
This will mean a lot of changes for us. For one, he won't be able to work for the next 3 years except for possibly the 3 weeks between trimesters so we'll be living on my salary and school loans. I've started stocking up on raman noodles. It also means that he'll have long stressful days and will be spending his evenings studying. If Georgia is sick or needs to go to a dr's appointment, I'll need to take off work b/c Ben can't miss classes. Some of the more insignificant changes include dressing nice for class, no hats (that's a hard one for Ben), hair cuts and shaving regularly (if you know Ben, you know that's another big change).
Along the way it will be exciting to hear about what he's learning. They get their cadavers tomorrow so I'm sure he'll have some stories about that. He'll find it very interesting. I would have a hard time getting past the gross factor. I guess that's why I work on a computer all day.
Ben's mom always takes pictures of the kids on their first day of school. This picture is for you Cindy. Here's Ben on his first day of Chiropractic school.
3 comments:
That's exciting about Ben! School is always a great choice! That's too cute about Georgia and the potty. I'll be watching to see how she does! Eli isn't ready....he says poo-poo but only after we do & sometimes he actually poo-poo'd and sometimes he didn't. Boys take longer, though, so it will probably be awhile.
Good luck in school Ben! I know you'll do great. Glad to see that you are pursuing chiropractic. I think there is so much that can be done in that field. My chiropractor was a huge part of my getting pregnant and having Cade. Hope it goes well for you!
Kellie
We know all about living off one income while one spouse is in school. Although it was hard, I wouldn't change a thing about it. Good luck, Ben!!!
Post a Comment