It's been a week without dairy and a rough week at that. Not only is hard for me to think of meals that don't include milk, cheese, butter, etc., it's been horrible for Georgia who loves milk and isn't found of water, juice and other drinks. I've been doing some online research and have found what foods I should buy that are enriched with calcium and other vitamins that milk has and we found places that have Rice Dream, the rice milk, and I'm so happy to say that Georgia loves it and is very happy to have milk again. It comes in the regular flavor, vanilla and almond and you can buy it in the nonrefridgerated section and store it for up to a year. That seems convenient. I was little concerned b/c the grocery stores near our house don't carry it (it's not as common as the soy milk) but then I found someone online who said they get it at Walmart and it's not much more expensive than regular milk. Georgia drank 3 sippy cups of it this morning. I normally wouldn't let her drink that much but I was so happy that she's drinking again and figured she's probably a little dehydrated b/c she really didn't like drinking water or juice.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Potty training, sneezing, and rice milk
Georgia has found a new interest in cleaning so for the past few days she's been getting out the mop and dust pan and has been trying to clean. She dumps the dust pan in the trash can just like mom does and then when she's done she puts it all back away.

Last night she told me poo poo and was pulling at her pants so I sat her on the potty chair. She read her book for a while and then stood up. I noticed that the bottom of her shirt was wet so I smelled it but couldn't smell anything so I thought maybe her sippy cup had leaked. I picked her up to go get her diaper and saw that she had peed in the potty chair! I cheered for her and showed it to her but I don't think she knew what was going on or that she had done anything.

I think I need to be sure that she's scooted all the way to the back of the potty because in addition to the wet shirt I also noticed there was a small puddle in front of the chair. But that's okay. I was still very proud of her. Later that night I was running her bath water and getting her undressed when I saw that she had pooped so I cleaned her up and got her undressed for the bath. She kept telling me poo poo but since she had just had a poopy diaper I ignored her. A minute later she walked to the door turned around and, still standing, pooped on the floor. So I think I have the baby trained, now I just have to train the mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's so funny about the poop "incident"! Sounds like she is really doing well at recognizing her pee-pee and poopy (only mothers would say that)! Glad she liked rice milk and has milk again!
I hope she isn't allergic to milk. We had to take Mallory off dairy products for 2 weeks so we could figure out if that is what she was allergic to...thankfully that wasn't it. She really liked goats milk cheese...I think you can find it at Hy-Vee or Price Chopper. It was a rough 2 weeks but we got thru it. Congrats to Ben on his decision to go back to school. It will be tough but totally worth it. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Post a Comment