


I took Georgia back to the ENT on Tuesday and, just as I had suspected, she had ANOTHER ear infection. Basically she's had 1 ear infection that started October 28th and never went away. She's been on 7 rounds of antibiotics that didn't do anything so the ENT said "let's do tubes" and I thought "FINALLY!" So yesterday Georgia went in for surgery and got tubes in both ears. The doctor said there was so much fluid and the ears looked so bad that he put in larger tubes that will stay in longer than the normal ones. By mid morning I could start to tell a difference in Georgia and by the afternoon she was like a different child. She seems so much happier and obviously feels a lot better. Yesterday and today she has been content playing on her own and almost acting giddy. This morning she was pretending to be a baby and was crawling everywhere and then she started organizing her toys by animals. First she put all the bears together and then she put the turtles together and so on. I'm amazed in the difference the tubes have made.
Here's right after we got home from the hospital. A bit tired and sore.
3 comments:
Bummer about having to get tubes but so glad she is feeling better! She looks like she handled it all so well!
Bless her heart! I'm glad she's doing much better!!!
I am glad to see that she is feeling better. What a tough road that was for you. She is getting so big.
I love it when they ask for bed time.
Post a Comment