Wednesday, July 22, 2009

little chatterbox

Georgia is our little chatterbox. Sometimes it's non-stop talking and I find myself saying, "okay Georgia, shhh". She has so much enthusiasm about everything. Tonight driving home from daycare she described everything she saw. "Mommy, flowers! Mommy, beautiful purple. Mommy, beautiful white." (these were the wild flowers along the side of the road) "Mommy, stop sign! Mommy, COW! Mommy, stop sign. Mommy, you're beautiful. (that was my favorite part) Mommy, stop sign. Mommy, yellow sign. Mommy, horse! And goats, too!" And then we were home. And that's how she is about everything.

She has said some funny things this week. I had a shirt on that button 1/2 way down and had 1/2 of the buttons buttoned so that it was a v-neck. Georgia said, "Mommy, I help you" and pulled the 2 sides of my shirt together and tried to button the buttons. I felt like she was a conservative grandmother who thought perhaps I hadn't been able to finish buttoning my shirt.

I was in her room in the morning looking in her dresser drawers and said "Georgia, what should you wear today?" She said, "CLOTHES!"

Tonight we were sitting in her room in the chair and I thought she had fallen asleep until my stomach made a noise and, without even opening her eyes, she said "poop."

She's very in tune to people's emotions. I know it's not right but when I can't get her to do something, I pretend to be sad. She then says, "I make Mommy happy!" and immediately puts her shirt on or takes a bite of dinner or gets in her car seat or whatever it is that I want her to do. She woke up in the night this week and was yelling for me. When I woke up and realized what was going on, I heard her yelling "I crying! I crying!"

Tonight she started calling me Mom instead of Mommy. Not just once by mistake, accidentally shortening my 'name'. She said it all night. I'm not ready for her to call me Mom. It makes her sound older than she is and I think Mommy sounds more endearing.

Georgia was on our bed dancing around singing, "la la la la la la" and then she'd stop and say "Mommy, sing it!" so I'd sing "la la la la la la" and then she'd stop and say "Daddy, sing it!" until we were all singing her little made-up song and watching her dance around on the bed.

But of all the funny things she has said lately, this is the one that really got me. She was playing in my closet, admiring my shoes, trying on my high heels, etc. And she came over to me with a pair of tan leather loafers (which in my defense, I haven't worn for a couple years) and she said "Grandpa's shoes!" Right then I realized it was time to get rid of that pair.

3 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Too cute! Eli, too, gets excited about "showing off" what he knows. When he meets people or one of us comes home he immediately starts identifying everything around him very enthusiastically. Eli, too, likes to wear my shoes :) Oh, and Eli thinks it's funny when my tummy growls and I tell him I'm hungry and he just laughs & laughs!

Sarah & Scott said...

carrie - story made me laugh out loud!

georgia sounds like she has personality plus! too cute!

Sarah & Scott said...

that first sentence was supposed to say, "that last story made me laugh out loud!" somehow, i missed the first two words!