Life these days is very busy. Ben is taking 40+ credit hours per trimester, over 120 in a year. That's 4x what I took at Graceland in a year. And I can't exactly compare taking Color Theory and 3D Design to taking Neuro Anatomy and all the other intense classes that he's taking. If anyone has ever doubted the education of a Chiropractor, you'd be surprised at what they have to learn. Ben is always studying sketches and diagrams of brains, eyes, nerves, and every other part of the body you can think of. So needless to say, he's a little preoccupied. Georgia and I do our best to play quietly and not bother him while he's studying. Outside of work I've been working on getting our house ready to sell. Lots of decluttering, cleaning, reorganizing, and fixing things that have been put off for too long. I've also been working on cleaning up a rental house and trying to sell that as well.
Georgia is quite a character. She is one of the most social kids I've ever known. If we go anywhere, she talks to anyone she sees and if there are kids around, she hugs and kisses any that are shorter than her and tries to play with any that are bigger than her. And if they don't want to be hugged or don't want to play with her, she eventually wears them down with her persistency. I honestly have no idea where she gets that from because I was the exact opposite as a kid. It amazes me how outgoing she is. She has a way of making people feel special because not only does she talk to everyone and shows affection with them but her memory for names allows her to call everyone by name, even if she's only met them once. Again, something she didn't get from me.
Georgia's "Spanglish" is getting better thanks to Dora and Diego. She tells Grandma "In English we say ... and in Spanish we say ..." Grandma tells Georgia, "we only speak English at my house" since Grandma doesn't know Spanish. Georgia works very hard to enunciate her words and say things correctly but there's one word that she says that we all think is too cute to correct. "Glubs" Every morning we get her coat, hat and glubs. It's so cute that it's contagious. We now call them glubs, people at church call them glubs, daycare people say glubs. It won't be long before she's calling them gloves but for now we think it's so innocent and cute.
Maybe I should title this post "the things Georgia didn't get from me" because another thing that stands out about her is her incredible imagination. She's always pretending to eat something, pretending to hand us something, making up converstations with her animals and dolls, etc. She never seems to get bored because she can imagine anything. I joked with Ben that at least we don't have to worry about Georgia if we ever got really poor because she would pretend that she had food and toys. Sometimes we find ourselves looking for something that she's talking about and then realize she's just playing. It's actually helped me to be more imaginative when I play with her since I know she'll go along with whatever I make up.
When we had all the snow, we took Georgia outside to play on her new tire swings and play in the snow.
We had goats for a while a couple years ago but gave them to our neighbor. She called us a couple weeks ago to tell Ben he's a grandpa. We went over to see the babies and Georgia loved petting them and thought it was funny that they wanted to suck on her hands and clothes and anything they could get to. One actually sucked on her cheek and gave her a hickie.
Playing dress up.
I took Georgia to Crown Center to the Fairy Tale Village and met my parents
who were babysitting my niece and nephew.
Inside the house of the 3 little pigs.
Georgia is in Little Red Riding Hood's Grandmother's House, hugging
and kissing some little girl that she found.
Grandma, Riley and Georgia in the 7 Dwarfs' house. Georgia's mopping the floor.
Grandpa and Luke are entering the castle of the Princess and the Pea Bed.
After the village we went to have lunch delivered to us by train.
2 comments:
She couldn't be any cuter Carrie!!!
She is so adorable! I love glubs!
Post a Comment