Sunday, May 9, 2010

Easter

Yes, I'm way behind on the blog. I'll try to catch up a little bit at a time. I'll start with Easter. We went to Iowa to see Ben's family. Here's Georgia Easter morning looking older than usual, in my opinion. She loved getting dressed up and wearing her "dancing shoes". The Easter Bunny brought her a large basket full of candy and hair bows of every kind, color and size.  I now have no excuse for not doing her hair so I make an attempt every morning to get a pretty bow in. Aunt Sandy will be happy to know that. :)
Georgia has never been afraid of the Easter Bunny, Santa or strangers. We went to church to see the Easter Bunny and before I even realized she was gone, Georgia ran up the steps to get on the bunny's lap. Never mind the line of kids who are patiently waiting their turn. This became the theme of the morning. Everytime I turned around, Georgia would escape to the bunny. At one point she got away from me and I couldn't get around the tables and people as quickly as she could so I shouted to her to stop. She froze, looked at me and went to the back of the line and waited by herself for her turn. I think she had 5 or 6 turns.

What's the best part about going to Iowa?  Getting to play with cousins and dress up in their princess dresses.

Ben and uncle Tony put up tire swings for Georgia. On the first day that it started to get warm she got to play on her swings.  The warm air was so relaxing that she almost fell asleep.
Love this picture.
One morning about a month ago, Georgia said, "I want to wear underwear". I tried to suggest that she should still wear her pull-up but she insisted that it was time for underwear. She was right and she's been in underwear ever since.

She continues to enjoy learning Spanish from Dora and Diego. Between us and them, Georgia has learned all her colors in Spanish now. She also learns about exotic animals from Diego. At daycare she's been learning what different animals eat.  She tell us, "snakes eat mice and mice eat cheese, horses eat hay and cows eat grass, squirrels eat nuts and birds eat seeds." And then she says, "but what to tapirs eat? and what do marmosets eat? and what do kinkajous eat?"  I say, "I don't know, we'll have to ask daddy." I thought she was just mispronouncing kangaroo until I googled kinkajou and found out she was right.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yeah, Carrie! Your blog is back! I've missed your posts! Can't wait to hear more. Georgia looks so much older now!