If I don't put this on the blog, I'll never be able to remember some of the cute, innocent things that come out of a 2, almost 3, year old's mouth.
I told Georgia, "Let's go check the mailbox" but she didn't want to go so I told her there might be a letter in it for her. She thought about that and said, "Is it a 'B'?" I tried to explain the difference between alphabet letters and mail letters. There was only one envelope in the mailbox and on the front of it it said "0%". I gave it to her to carry and she said, "It's not a 'B', it's an 'O'."
Georgia knows that her grandparents live in Iowa, our friends live in Omaha and she lives in "Cans of City".
She's become quite the comedian. She heard a joke the other day and a few days later, out of the blue, she said, "What did the banana say to the doctor?.......I don't peel so good." The original punch line was 'I'm not peeling so well' but she modified it so she could remember it.
Several months ago when we were first looking at our new house (hopefully closing this week), I took Georgia over there but it was the middle of winter. Because there was a fire, most of the house has been primed. There was no heat on over there and it was pretty cold. Ever since then Georgia has referred to it as the Big Cold White House. She can't wait to go live at the Big Cold White House, now that I've explained that we will paint it pretty colors and it won't always be cold.
Georgia had been talking about putting her feet in the Mississippi mud because grandma had been singing a song about it. So at daycare they taught her how to spell Mississippi. Such a fun word to spell. We have a tiled kitchen floor and there are 2 sizes of tiles. Georgia hops from the big ones to the small ones and back and shouts "Grande, pequeño, grande, pequeño."
1 comment:
Those are awesome memories!! I need to put more of Eli's up on the blog but Miss Anna makes my memory fade quickly. I need to start keeping a notepad around the house to write them down before I forget!!
Post a Comment