Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flower Girl

Georgia was a Flower Girl for the first time. Here she is with rollers in her hair playing with the neighbor's goats before we left for the wedding. There was another flower girl who was also Georgia's age but was very shy. At the rehearsal Georgia had a blast throwing the flowers from her basket but the other girl just cried and ran down the aisle to her mom.  So the day of the wedding I told Georgia that she might need to help the other girl because she gets scared, but if she wouldn't go, then Georgia should go on without her.  And that's what she did. They both took a couple steps in, the other girl started crying, Georgia turned around and looked at her and then started throwing her flowers high into the air one at a time smiling the whole way. She even paused and smiled for the photographer.  You'd think she was an old pro at this. She got to the end of the aisle, tossed handfuls of flowers to the floor, inspected the basket closely and turned it upside down to be sure nothing was left since we had told her to throw ALL her flowers on the floor.

But the real fun started when we got to the reception. As soon as the DJ started the music, Georgia got out of her chair, ran to the dance floor and started twirling. Random people were taking pictures of her with their cell phones. I had to carry her back to her chair so that the Bride and Groom could have their first dance. Once we told her it was okay to go back, she twirled for the next 3 hours. You think I'm exaggerating but I'm not. A couple times we tried to dance with her but this just upset her and she ran into the crowd and began twirling again. At one point she twirled herself to the middle of the dance floor and everyone formed a circle around her. They cheered her on as she twirled but she had no idea that anyone else was even in the room. All I could think the whole night is that this was the happiest moment of her entire life, all 2.5 years of it. And then someone warned us that we're going to be in trouble when she's 16 and still the life of the party.



I just hope she'll be able to remember some of that night and how much fun she had.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love the family pic, Carrie! That is a good one! Georgia is getting so big!