Friday, May 27, 2011

GooGoo rolled over

I'm trying to be good about documenting everything for the 2nd child but I haven't found the baby books yet since our move. Yesterday I got an email from our daycare that Joe rolled over for the first time. So bittersweet. I'm so proud of him because I've watched him work so hard at it for the past week but I was sad that I missed it because I was at work. He went from back to front which is the harder way because it takes more neck strength and usually is around 5-6 months. But it's no surprise to me that at 3 months he's strong enough to do this. I could feel him kick inside me 2 weeks before I was supposed to be able to. And he's a Fluegge boy and Fluegge boys have unnatural strength and determination.

Oh, and the title of this is GooGoo rolled over because Georgia has given Joe's nickname a nickname. He's not just Googy anymore, he's GooGoo. I wish I could remember all the funny things that Georgia says but I don't always get them written down. The other day she pointed to the ceiling and told me to look up there. I did and she asked me if I saw God. I said "no, but he sees you" and she said, "yeah and he's laughing because he thinks I'm funny."

Yesterday morning Georgia was upset bc she lost her plastic bangle bracelet and was looking everywhere for it. I never imagined that we'd find it later that night in the back of her underwear. First question I had for her is how did she not feel that? 2nd question...how did she lose it there? and 3rd question...how did it stay in all day even after going potty through the day? She laughed and said, "that's a funny question." We all got a good laugh out of that.

No comments: