Monday, June 13, 2011

Joe's 4 months old

I finally got to see Joe roll over this weekend. He's been doing it at daycare for a couple weeks and even rolls both ways, back to front and front to back, but I hadn't seen him do it. Now he's just an old pro at it. Every time I walk away and look back in on him, he's in a different position. Thanks to the blog I was able to look up how old Georgia was when she started rolling over. I didn't think she was this young ...nope, she was 6 months. Joe is 3 months ahead of her and I have a feeling he'll be crawling much sooner too. Then I'll really have my hands full.

Joe found his feet. He hasn't figured out that they can go in his mouth yet but he does like to hold on to them.
I am just amazed every day at how good of a baby he is. With Georgia, I had to nurse or rock her to sleep and then very carefully put her in her bed without her waking up or she would cry and not stop crying until I picked her back up. Even after an hour or 2, she still would cry. I think partly this was due to her having so many ear infections. But with Joe, I was determined not to fall into this trap again. So I've always laid him down awake since day 1. And he just lays in his bed quietly until he falls asleep. He's getting to be such a fun age now because he laughs and smiles almost everytime we talk to or smile at him. Such a sweetheart.

Georgia is at that age (I think every parent will remember this age) of always making a funny face for the camera, trying to be silly and doing and saying things that she knows she'll get in trouble for doing and saying but does it anyway because she thinks it's funny. Just the normal almost-4 year old stuff. However, this weekend she did get in trouble when I saw that she had colored on her recently-painted walls with crayons. I told her she had to tell Dad what she had done since he was the one who did all the work to paint those walls. Boy did she NOT want to do that. She begged me to tell him and she could hardly get the words out when I walked her in his office. We didn't even have to get mad or punish her. She knew how wrong it was. Later this week she will help Ben wash those walls.

Playing dress-up with her cousins.

Since we moved she started going to a new daycare where her cousins go. She loves it there. In fact, this Saturday she woke up and said she wanted to get ready to go to Ms. Diane's and I told her it was Saturday and she would stay home. She said, "No, I want to go to Ms. Diane's!" My kids are the only full time kids so every day there's a different group of kids to play with. And 2 days a week her cousins are there.


 We are finally making some progress on the new house, although Ben may not feel that way. He's been so busy lately with school that he hasn't had the time he needs to get some of the bigger projects done. But for me, just getting the storage room swept so I can put things in there, or finally finding the missing luggage that had my summer shirts in it is huge progress. I feel like we almost have most of our rooms unpacked and fairly put together now. Still don't have switch plates on all the light switches, don't have any of our bathrooms done for various reasons, the exterior of the house needs a final coat of paint...but we're getting there and our neighbors have all appreciated the work we've done. Or I mean Ben has done. ;)  Apparently the last family who lived there were "THAT" family that everyone had problems with. So one by one neighbors have come over to greet us and tell us how glad they are that we're living there now. One neighbor told us he was so glad we painted the house so that it's not 2-toned anymore. The last family had started painting the house a different color and only got 1/2 done so part of the house was green/blue and part was brown. Even the trim was 2 different colors. I'm glad we're starting off on the right foot with everyone and the ones we've met so far seem really nice.


Uncle Tony has been working on Georgia's tree house (minus a tree) and the kids were SO excited this weekend when I told them it was safe for them to play in it now. He'll be back in a few weeks to finish the rest of it. I'll post finished pictures when it's done.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Joe is adorable with perfect features! Can't wait for a playdate at your house :)