Sunday, June 19, 2011

Joe's Room

We still have a long way to go on our house but there are a few rooms finally done. Here's the "BEFORE" picture of Joe's room.
The Teddy Bear border went away and the blue walls became a yellowish beige.
Joe got a rough and tough cowboy bedroom. My mom found this vintage Stetson blanket in Arizona and Ben hung it with barn board. I found the pony rocking horse at my sister's sale. (http://www.allaboutkidskc.com/)

I also found this vintage cowboy lamp at my sister's sale. The deer skull/antlers was one of Ben's kills. And if you look really closely, the picture in the frame is of Joe at 2 weeks old sleeping in a cowboy hat.


The little rocking chair is an antique. It used to belong to Ben's great uncle, Uncle Ben.
 
The Woody doll in the corner of the bed was another great find at my sister's sale.
 

I found these adorable crib sheets on ebay. They are handmade. Not sure if the fabric is vintage or just made to look vintage. Here's an upclose of the print.


This cowboy painting is one we've had for a few years, and part of the inspiration for doing a cowboy room.


I've enjoyed collecting things for this room, from items we already owned and bargain deals that I've found over the past year. I also bought some cute denim curtains at my sister's sale but the windows at this house are too tall. I think the one thing this room is still missing is a horseshoe and lasso to hang on the wall. I hope Joe likes this room when he gets older. But I only have $50 invested decorating this room so if he wants something different when he gets older, we'll work something out.

No comments: