Friday, June 17, 2011

Check ups with the doctor

I took Georgia to the dentist for the first time. She'll be 4 in a couple months. I was so proud of her. Although she looked a little hesitant and unsure of this whole ordeal, she did everything they told her to do and was very brave. I'm relieved to report there were no cavaties. I took her to Dr. Knag, a friend of ours. Ben built his office 3 years ago when Georgia was a baby. Some of the staff commented on how he would bring her with him to do some finishing touches and they'd keep an eye on her. So I guess this wasn't actually her first trip to the Dentist Office.


After we got back from the dentist, we took Joe to get his immunizations and 4 month check-up. I was proud of him as well. He only cried for a second when the needle went in and then was done. Here are his stats:
Weight: 14lbs 9oz (44th percentile)
Height: 24.5 inches (34th percentile)
Head: 16.5 inches (40th percentile)

(Compared to Georgia at 4 months, Joe's weight and head are almost the same but Georgia was 2 inches longer than Joe.)

When the nurse had me lay him on the table she kept saying, "oh, he looks so healthy. Good job mom. He's a good size!" I told her, jokingly, that I felt like I was showing my hog at the County Fair. I guess you had to be there to hear how she was saying it but I felt like I'd plumped him up good and was getting the blue ribbon.

Joe is now a belly sleeper. He LOVES to roll over. I lay him down and he rolls over and looks all around. Last night he started sleeping on his belly even though I rolled him back over after he fell asleep. He slept much more soundly and I even had to wake him up to feed him this morning. I wish we could figure out how to get Georgia to sleep better. She's the last one to fall asleep every night. Even when I lay down with her, thinking that would help, I fall asleep and she's up for another hour or more (according to Ben who is trying to study).

Now that I'm back to work I'm finding that there aren't enough hours in the day. I get home with the kids around 6, nurse Joe, get dinner ready, feed Georgia, do baths, get Joe ready for bed by 8:00 and then start reading Georgia stories and hopefully have her lights off by 8:30. I hurry to get everyone's clothes laid out for the next day, possibly pack my lunch and get myself to bed by 9, knowing I'll be up 2-3 times to feed Joe in the night and get up at 5:30 the next morning. I don't have the time that I want to enjoy Joe's baby stage and I certainly don't have enough one on one time with Georgia. This morning before we left, I was smiling at Joe in his carseat, trying to get him to smile back. Georgia was sitting next to us and very sadly said, "Don't you love ME?" I said, "Of course I do. Why would you say that?" and she said, "Because you always smile at GooGoo."  It broke my heart. She's been getting in trouble a lot lately for getting in and poking Joe's face, not going to bed, and doing various other things that we've asked her not to do. I realized that she sees us smile and baby talk to Joe and then have unhappy faces and voices when we talk to her. I wish I had more time to devote just to her so she knows we love her as much as Joe. Telling her isn't enough right now and it breaks my heart because I can see how much it saddens her.

And FINALLY, here are the first pictures of a finished room in our new house. Can you guess whose room this is?



Ben and I made the stars to match the quilt and the picture of the little girl is from Fluegge Optical. Found it on ebay but Ben's relatives are Optomotrists so it most likely was one of their posters.
What do you do with an old TV that only plays VHS? Give it to the kid and stock up on cheap VHS Disney movies.
This is the "before" picture.

No comments: