Monday, December 31, 2007

Tummy time


I'm sure you expected to see photos of the baby's first Christmas. These first 2 are the only ones I have. This is Georgia sitting with her uncle Orion and cousins Riley and Luke. The next one is of them all practicing tummy time (well, except for Orion). I first must explain why we don't have pictures of Christmas. We spent Christmas this year in the waiting room of a hospital. Ben's sister had a baby at Thanksgiving who was 8 weeks early. The baby is still in the hospital and is pretty critical due to various complications and now fighting pnuemonia. His other sister was hospitalized for dehydration because of morning sickness, or maybe we should call it morning, noon and night sickness. She was temporarily released at Christmas but is back in again. While all of this was going on Ben's grandma had a heartattach the day before Christmas Eve. So instead of Georgia playing Baby Jesus in the Christmas play at church, we decided it was best for us to go up to Des Moines and do what we could to spread some cheer at a not-so-cheerful time. Ben's family is great about laughing at the situation and making the best of things so even though it was the "worst Christmas ever", as his mom kept saying, we managed to have a good time and enjoy the day together.

Now as for the rest of these pictures... I haven't been so great about doing tummy time so I'm really trying to focus on that. Surprisingly, Georgia enjoys it much more than she used to and can even push up with her arms. She's trying to roll over but doesn't quite have it down.






I've been working out with her a little too. It's a workout for me and it gives her more tummy time. She thinks it's funny to be up on my legs looking down at me.


































































1 comment:

Sarah & Scott said...

carrie - sounds like you had a crazy holiday. :( hopefully, everyone is recovering from all the things that happened! georgia just keeps getting cuter and cuter. have a great 2008!

love,
sarah (koehler) hartley