Thursday, February 7, 2008

Daddy and the Peach

Georgia has started sleeping in her crib in her room. She had been sleeping in the pack-n-play in our room but now that she's not congested like she had been and I'm not so worried about her at night, it was time to move her. She's done 3 nights in her room and has done well. She's woken up crying a few times but puts herself back to sleep after a couple minutes. She's also started going to sleep between 7:30 and 8:00 which has been really nice. It's not that I don't love spending time with her but having an extra hour in the evening really helps me to get things done around the house (since I'm still working full time) and it gives Ben and me time to be together without constantly entertaining a baby. Instead of taking a nap around 5:30 and going to bed at 9:30, she's been skipping her evening nap and falling asleep on her own at 7:30. She seems to want to go to bed, like she knows it's her bedtime and will sit in the glider with me and listen to her lullabye CD until she gets sleepy enough to lay down. She used to never do this and would get upset if we sat in her room because I think she knew I was trying to get her sleepy. I'm putting a picture of her room on here because Ben and I finally hung the stars that we made a long time ago. We made them to match the quilt (he cut them out of wood and I covered them in scrapbooking paper).

Georgia sat on her own last night for about 20 seconds. Does that count as sitting for the first time? We'll keep practicing. I'm hoping she'll be able to sit up for her 6 month pictures in a few weeks.

Here are some cute pictures of Ben and his Peach. For someone who wanted a little boy more than anything, he sure does love the little girl that he got instead .






















3 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Her room is so cute!! Love the daddy pics...those are always my favorite. Glad she is doing well sleeping in her crib. It's great that she can self soothe now. Eli still has issues with self soothing....maybe some day!

Micah and Beth said...

That nickname "Peach" is soooo cute! YOu can definitely tell little Georgia is loved by her daddy (and her mommy). Next time you get together with Amy...let me know. I don't think I live very far from her and I'd love to come over and see both little bundles of joy.

Sarah & Scott said...

carrie - those pics of georgia and ben are so cute! i also love georgia's room!