This weekend we went to Iowa for Ben's parent's 35
th wedding anniversary party. Of course this was a special event to celebrate but what Georgia was most excited about was finally getting to meet and play with her cousin Derby. Derby has had a very rough first 5 months of life and due to the fact that she lived in a hospital for a quite a while and has been very susceptible to diseases and illnesses, we've kept the two cousins at distance.....Until now.
Meet Derby.

They greeted each other with a proper handshake.

Georgia was very curious about this new baby. She spotted Derby from across the room and rolled her way over to see her. Her feeding tube was also very tempting.

Here are the girls with great grandma Ruth. Georgia is still checking out Derby.



Only 3 months apart, Georgia is a monster next to Derby weighing twice her weight.

Isn't this sweet?
Georgia was so interested in playing with her new cousin and kept trying to roll on top of her. I got a video of this to show them when they are older. Here she is playing with Derby's earrings.

Now nearly on top of Derby, she can really check her out. By the way, there were 3 adults ready to snatch Georgia at any second if she got too agressive, considering Derby's size and health.

And that leads me to this final picture. Derby finally had enough of her oversized cousin rolling into her and wanted her mommy. Notice Georgia still has a smile on
her face.
1 comment:
CARRIE! I can't believe I FOUND you... I was on Beth Hunt's blog and saw a link to "The Fluegges" and I was SHOCKED & EXCITED! And sad... that I have been out of the loop for so long. I am seeing Miss Georgia for the 1st time... and she is GEORGOUS!!! What a beautiful little girl you have! Where are you these days?? What are you up to besides motherhood?? Shoot me an email, if you get a chance: corey.bog@gmail.com! I'm missing you, girl!
Post a Comment