Tuesday, May 13, 2008

8 1/2 months


I haven't put anything on the blog for a few weeks and I'm trying to remember what all we've been up to. This past weekend we left Georgia with my parents and went to Omaha to see Ben's friends. This was our first night away from her and, surprisingly, I enjoyed every single minute of it. Yes of course I was happy to see her when we got back into town, but it was so relaxing not to have a baby to take care of for a couple days. I suppose Mother's Day should be all about spending time with your kids but I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day, just being with Ben and no kid. I'm hoping my parents will be open to the idea of babysitting overnight again next year. hint hint


Georgia is quite the chatter box these days. I think she's starting to understand who "dad" is because she's starting to only say dada for Ben. We're also noticing that every once in a while she says what sounds like "Georgia". Out of the blue, and only one time, we'll hear her say "juh-juh". Sometimes she kind of says mama but she has to work really hard at getting the "m" not to sound like a b-m combination. My mom said she was almost saying "shoe" this weekend but I haven't witnessed that one yet.

She's VERY curious about ears right now and will push my face to the side so she can inspect my ear. She can clap, but only with her feet. If I clap my hands 3 times, she will clap her feet together 3 times. It's pretty entertaining. She's a bit of a t.v. junkie, at least when her favorite shows are on. The Noggin channel is by far her number one favorite. And just because she can't see the t.v. or isn't watching Noggin doesn't mean you can change the channel because she's still listening to it and will throw a fit if you go to a different channel. I tested her on this one night flipping back and forth from Noggin to my show. It was like turning a switch on and off on her. Her more recent number 2 most favorite show is Family Guy (thanks to her dad) and a close third is American Idol (thanks to her mom). She likes to "dance" when American Idol is on. Either she and I will get up and dance together or if she's sitting on the floor, she will rock and bounce back and forth.



Ben held his 2nd Annual Cinco de Mayo party a couple weeks ago and Ben's parents came down to babysit for us. Here's Georgia getting some love from Grandpa Bob.


And here she is returning the love.



I bought her a swing for the swingset so we could go outside. She LOVED it. She spent about 4 hours in it and eventually fell asleep in it. What I didn't catch on camera was Maximus (our 160 lb mastiff) pushing her in it by bumping his nose against her.





Above are Georgia and Daddy.
Below are Georgia's Aunt Amy, cousins Riley and Luke and our friend's daughter Gabby.


Derby even got to come down for the party.


Bathtime in the kitchen sink.


I've recently discovered that the laundry basket has multiple uses.


1 comment:

Micah and Beth said...

She is such a doll!!! It sounds like she has quite a personality too! That TV channel changing is hilarious.
I love to hear those stories...I feel like I know her after hearing them! Let's get together sometime this summer...seriously. Glad to hear you're doing well.