Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

This past week Georgia stayed with my parents while the babysitter was on vacation. I had a huge list of things I wanted to get done while she was away. I stayed plenty busy and Ben and I even got a couple of date nights but I didn't get much of my original list done. That's okay though because I enjoyed every night of my "time off". I almost forgot was it was like to not have any responsibilities and be able to do whatever whenever. But when Friday night came, I was anxious to see my little girl and take her home. I think Grandma was ready for me to take her home too. They had a really good time together but, like she said, being 60 and taking care of a baby is different than being 30. If you aren't used to carrying 20+ lbs around, Georgia can take a toll on your back.



So what did we do this weekend? Well, Georgia grew 2 teeth and has at least one more working toward the surface. In this picture you can see her 2 bottom teeth and now she has uppers to match. We also had some girl time while daddy worked on the basement. We did pedicures, or I guess I did pedicures because technically Georgia was asleep during this girl time. When she woke up she saw her toes and reached down to touch them. After a little while she leaned over my lap and looked down at my toes like she remembered seeing this kind of thing before. She saw my toes and then looked back at her toes, then leaned back down to see my toes and again and again. I think she likes them. I think they're adorable.



We forgot the bib at Grandma's so Ben said a hanky would do the trick. Actually I think it works better than a bib and will probably keep using it.



The new bib made me think she looked like a cowboy so I made her a little apples and prunes mustache to complete the look.



She's not liking the mushy texture of baby food anymore so we're experimenting with other options. I read that I should try bread and dip the bread in the food. This worked really well. I know that she didn't get as much of the Turkey and Vegetable Dinner as she would have if she'd eaten it from the spoon but since she wouldn't eat any of it from a spoon, this was a cleaver alternative. She doesn't like meats and veges too much but she likes to self feed (saltines and graduates) so I bought some turkey sticks and carrot cubes. She wouldn't eat them if I tried to feed them to her but she was very determined to pick them up on her own and eat them. I was so proud of her for eating almost 1/2 a jar of carrots but then when I picked her up out of the highchair I found a half dozen of them stashed in the side of the seat.




After a day of teething and being grumpy from teething, we decided to go swimming. This was Georgia's first time in a pool and she loved it.



This may not come as much of a surprise (if you've looked at the size of her lately), but Georgia can float quite well. If she could understand that she needs to keep her face up and not drink the water, she could float all on her own. Her little bottom and legs just pop right up to the top. We just held her shoulders so she wouldn't put her head in.




Swimming takes a lot of concentration.






I laughed when I saw these pictures because when we were swimming Georgia kept pushing my head to the side so she could see my hair. She did this over and over and eventually started eating my hair. Now that I see what my hair looked like, I can see why she was so curious.

3 comments:

Party of Five said...

I love love the toenails!! And the moustache/bandana picture is HILARIOUS! I also need to make a mental note about dipping bread in baby food - what a great idea! I wish I'd have known about that w/ Cal. Love all the pictures!

amosclarkson said...

Wow-a whole week without Georgia! I don't think I would know what to do! The toenails are great....good job on such small nails. The food pictures are so cute! Eli hasn't had his first time in the pool yet but he will soon as my in-laws have a pool. Should be fun!

Sarah & Scott said...

the pictures of georgia in her swimsuit are so cute! she seems so happy in the water!