Ever since she started walking she's been hard to get to bed and wakes up once or twice in the night. So the reason she doesn't look very excited is because she only had 5 hours of sleep the night before her party and no nap. Every day it seems that I come up with a new theory of why she's not sleeping well. First I thought she was having muscle aches from walking, then I thought it must be a growth spurt and it would pass soon. When she wakes up, she's hungry and will drink a full bottle so I thought maybe she was burning more calories from walking so much. Since we started her on milk a few days before her birthday, I also thought maybe the milk was upsetting her stomach and waking her up. Now that it's been 3 weeks and we've gone back to formula, I have wondered if she's scared of the dark since she used to go to bed when it was still light out. I also think she may have separation anxiety b/c she screams when we lay her on her mattress but she has no problem laying down on us or in our bed or on the couch with us. One night, 8 days after her MMR shots, she woke up screaming, obviously in pain. She sounded like a mad cat and there was nothing I could do to make her feel better. Apparently 1 in 100 kids experience joint pains about 7-10 days after the MMR. I have no doubt that's what was wrong. After 1/2 hour of crying I took her to the living room and turned on NOGGIN (her favorite channel) and she zoned out watching her cartoons. She eventually fell asleep on the floor an hour later and slept there all night while I slept on the couch.
Whatever it is, I hope it passes soon. I miss my little girl who used to lay her head down when we told her to at 8:30 and would snuggle in and fall asleep in minutes and then sleep until 6:30. Now we're lucky if we can get her to sleep by 9:30, then she wakes up crying around 2:30 and again at 5:30.
Here are the pictures from the birthday party. Georgia really liked Henry, Ben's parent's Yorkie.
I always tell her to give her dolls and stuffed animals kisses. I guess she felt that she should do the same with Henry.







4 comments:
I've been checking your blog for pictures of Georgia's birthday party! I'm sorry to hear about Georgia's sleep problems. I would bet it could be any or all of the ideas you mentioned. Eli's never been a good sleeper so I don't have any advice for you :)
carrie - she is gorgeous! that is totally scary about the mmr shot. i'm already paranoid about vaccinations!
sarah hartley
She is so cute. Happy Birthday Georgia. I feel your pain w/ the sleep problems. It's probably just a stage and she'll grow out of it...in the mean time try to get some naps in at work:) There were sometimes we would let Mallory cry it out...totally broke my heart. I hope it passes quickly.
Emily
Georgia looks so pretty in her dresses! She's such a doll. Sorry about sleep issues. A lot of times, children will sleep worse after they've hit a new milestone b/c they just want to practice it all the time (pulling up, walking, etc) but it sounds like there's definitely something different with her. HOpe you all get the sleep you need very soon!
Post a Comment