Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Attention Fashion Police

I can't decide which is worse...getting a call at work that daycare is closing early because kids have lice...OR...getting home and finding that the backdoor wasn't locked, the dog let himself in and attacked the trashcan that was FULL of coffee grounds. Fortunately our kid wasn't the one with lice.



Georgia has become opinionated about her clothes. If she's wearing a shirt that has designs on the sleeves or an image on the front, she won't wear a sweater or jacket because she doesn't want to cover up her shirt. Yesterday she wore these brown polka-dotted tights and a matching shirt (with a skirt). I asked her if she wanted to take a bath and normally she says "OKAY" and runs to the bathroom. We went to the bathroom, ran the bath water and I started to take her clothes off. When I pulled her tights off she started screaming and crying. She grabbed them, tried to put them back on and wouldn't let go of them. She cried harder than she does when she gets booster shots. Finally we had to drain the tub, put the tights back on and put a pajama shirt on...and then she was happy. A while later she came in the room with her swimsuit in hand so I put that on her.


Here she is strutting her stuff.



The common theme in these pictures, if you haven't noticed already, is the hot pink Crocs. She LOVES these shoes. If she could wear them all the time, she would. Oh, wait, I guess she does. Last night she slept all night with them on.


The past 2 nights she insisted on bathing with them on. Since they're rubber and can go in water, I didn't see any harm and figured it's easier than fighting with her. I'm sure this phase will pass in a couple weeks, as every phase does with her.




This week Georgia has moved on to 4 word sentences. Tonight she said "I love you mommy" and "I see you mommy". When we get upset about something she pats us on the arm and says "it's okay daddy (or whoever she's talking to). She doesn't understand yet when it's appropriate to say "it's okay" and when instead she should say "I'm sorry". If she's misbehaving and we say "Georgia" with a little bit of a disappointed, warning tone, she pats us on the arm and tells us it's okay. It's so cute that it's hard to stay in character of the disciplining parent.

2 comments:

amosclarkson said...

That is TOO funny about her being so particular about her clothes! Eli doesn't care about clothes or shoes yet and we can dress him in whatever and he wouldn't care (& daddy does, sometimes :). She is quite the smarty and I love how she puts "uh" at the end of the letters i.e. "b-uh". They're getting so big!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see her! I can't believe she is saying the letter names! I hope you are coming for Easter!