Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The other night I wanted Georgia to try on her Easter dress. She liked it so much that she wouldn't take it off. The only way I could get her to take it off was by letting her try on another dress and then another and then another until finally we'd gone through her entire wardrobe of hand-me-down summer dresses. But when we got to this last one, it seemed to be a bit too tight for her but she insisted on wearing it. Maybe I'm mean but I had to take a picture b/c it was too funny not to show. It reminds me of the pictures we used to take of my growing pregnant belly.


I've mentioned many times that she has a thing for shoes. She is constantly wearing our shoes around the house and wearing everyone else's shoes at daycare. This week she's started tromping around in my snow boots. When she saw me going through her clothes for this summer, she saw the "new" shoes and had to try each and every pair on. Because these have been handed down from my niece and a friend, some of them are too small for Georgia's big feet. That didn't stop her. She just said "PULL MOMMY". I said "I'M TRYING".



Our microwave died and we had to get a new one. "HAD TO" are the keywords. We realized just how much we depend on a microwave when we no longer had one. We kept saying that we were cooking like in the olden days when we had to actually use the stove to heat up leftovers. I know my mom is dying reading this, thinking of all her attempts to make me a good wife who could cook. Fortunately I have a husband who doesn't mind and isn't picky about food. We make a good pair.

Below is the microwave box with Georgia and all her babies.



Her favorite toys at the moment, that she MUST sleep with every night, are a dog from the $1 section of Target and an Idaho Potato doll that's probably 20 years old. We call them Puppy and Mr. Potato. Every night before I go to bed, I go in her room and cover her up. And every night she has Puppy and Mr. Potato tight in her arms, sound asleep.


In the morning she won't leave the crib without her buddies. She won't even put them down to drink her milk. A couple weeks ago she was crazy about an old Miss Piggy doll, probably 20 years old also. My dad used to keep these kinds of toys thinking they might be collectables some day. He's finally decided that they aren't going to be as valuable as he'd hoped and has started letting the grandkids dig through and pick out what they want when they go to visit. So far Miss Piggy and the Idaho Potato have been a big hit at our house. No need buying this kid new stuff.



Last Saturday my parent's church had an Easter Eggstravaganza. Georgia got to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap, not once but 3 times. She kept cutting in line, climbing the steps and putting her arms up for the bunny to pick her up. We had to remove her so the other kids could get a turn. The next day, the guy who was running the bunny line told me that he thought Georgia enjoyed the bunny more than any kid who came all day.


Georgia is not afraid of anyone. She actually loves for strangers to hold her. Anytime someone new comes to the house (new to her) she runs over and puts her arms up. When they pick her up, she lays her head on their shoulder and snuggles for about 10 minutes. She does this to nurses at the doctor's office, people at church, pretty much anyone. She knows how to turn on the charm and make people feel good but we're REALLY going to have to work on stranger danger.


She had her first Easter egg hunt but it was pretty windy and cold so we didn't stay out for too long.




Georgia is now saying 5 word sentences. Last night Ben said "I love you" and Georgia replied "I love you too, Daddy". This weekend I was in the bedroom and Georgia was looking for me. She said "Where did mommy go?" and then she came around the corner and saw me and said "Hi Mommy, how are you?" This morning I went in her bedroom and when I walked in she said "Good Morning!" She's like a parrot. If you say something that she likes the sound of, she'll start using that phrase daily.

I have a feeling that some day, when Georgia is older, Ben will make mowing the lawn one of her chores. Here she is getting some practice.

1 comment:

Sarah & Scott said...

what a little pumpkin! she is adorable!