Sunday, August 2, 2009
Saying prayers and reading the Bible
The past few days Georgia has shown a lot of interest in her Bible. It's a kid's version but still way too old for her so I tell her, "no, lets read another book" when she brings it to me. The stories are too long and aren't written for a toddler but she always says she wants to see baby Jesus. A few months ago she was playing with the baby Jesus from her Little People Manger so I had gotten out her bible to show her the picture of baby Jesus. She never forgot about it. Since she kept insisting that we read that book, I've started reading the stories that aren't so scary, that don't involve feeding people to lions or other forms of torture and death. So tonight we read about Noah and the Arc (I left out the part about everyone else drowning and skipped the picture that illustrated this) and then we read about Jesus and Nicodemus, who Georgia said was Uncle Matt. Then we said a prayer. She likes praying and repeats what I say but tonight after we got through thanking God for mommy and daddy, I said "please bless Derby" (Georgia's cousin who has health problems) and instead of repeating after me, Georgia started praying on her own. She said, "please bless Kiefer, bless grandpa, bless grandma, bless Derby and Sandy, bless Daddy and bless Taylor" and when she was done we finished our prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment