Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yay! It's Fall!

Today we took Georgia to the Renaissance Festival for the 3rd year in a row. We get a kick out of it and this year we took Ben's dad and brother. Neither of them had been to one before so we all had a good time people watching, eating turkey legs, enjoying the beautiful weather and people watching (oh, did I mention that already?)



I don't know how this tradition started with us but anytime we go somewhere and see a painted board with a cut-out, we always take a picture of one of us in it. We included Ben's dad and brother in this tradition and between the 5 of us, I think we got a picture with almost every board there.


A friend from work gave Georgia these butterfly wings a while back and we thought they were perfect for wearing today. When we entered the festival, the lady at the entrance said, "oh, we have a butterfly" and clicked a counter to count Georgia. I'm curious what that was about. Do they count everyone who comes in costume or just the fairies?



It killed me to spend the money to ride a camel but Georgia loved it and talked about it the whole day. She's a big fan of the song 'Alice the Camel' so I think she'll remember riding the camel for a while.


I can't even put words to this.


When Georgia was 2 weeks old we took a picture of her with this couple. We tried to again last year but she was fussy so we didn't get it but we did this year.


Georgia LOVED the big swing. She grinned from ear to ear.


Boys will be boys.


We met some strange people. This guy was teasing me because he knew he was creeping me out. I tried to hide on the other side of Ben but that just made him tease me more so I decided I could make him go away if I asked to take a picture with him.


I like this picture. Too bad that's not really Johnny Dep. Then I'd REALLY like this picture.


Last weekend we went for a swim at my parent's house. Georgia loves to swim and is very brave in the water. She likes to climb the ladder and jump in from the side. Over and over and over ...and over.


We have a pear tree that is old and produces very hard, rock hard, pears that do not ripen. The tree is also very tall. But with the help of a tall, strong daddy, Georgia picked us a sack of pears that we peeled, cored and cooked in the crockpot with some cinnamon and brown sugar. Mmmm Yum!



Pay no attention to the bearded man with the tiara.


We get some of the most beautiful butterflies in our garden.

2 comments:

amosclarkson said...

The Ren Fest looks fun! Love the face she makes while looking through the cutouts. Georgia is a great swimmer! Eli wouldn't do well with the floaties yet...he would get scared.

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable! I was looking back through your blog and it seems like she has been out of the baby phase and more in the toddler phase for soooo long! I can't wait to see her again! Love ~ Sandy