Since it's cold and we can't play outside, Ben hung Georgia's swing in his garage so she can swing while he's working. She fell asleep in it, just like she used to when she was a baby.

She loves to wear this John Deere hat and calls it her hat.

We went to Wonderscope on the free National Museum Day last month. I hadn't been there before so we met a couple of my friends and their kids for a play date. There was so much to do that we didn't make it into every room. I think Georgia would have spent the whole weekend there if I would have let her. But I couldn't stop thinking about all the germs that must be in there. Every time a kid sneezed or put a toy in his mouth, I cringed. I know, germs are our friend, they build up our immunity. I agree with that and I'm glad she goes to daycare but the thought of public places during flu season is a different story.

I think this was a Lego space shuttle with science things in it.

It looked fun from the outside looking in.

They have special crayons that you can use to draw on your face.
Georgia has started using spanish words for certain things -- words that she's picked up from watching Dora. When she needs help she says "ayudame!" There are handful of words or expressions that she uses and I'm glad I took Spanish in high school so I know what she's saying.
She loves to read books. Last night we were reading her favorite, Honey Bunny Funnybunny, which is a fairly long story book. I would read the first few words of the sentence and Georgia would finish it by memory. Most nights when we leave daycare she insists on taking a book or 2 home with her that we return the next day. (note to self: visit library) Later she was reading the borrowed book to herself and I wish I could have gotten it on video. She was saying "Oh, no cried Boots... oh no cried Dora" I thought it was cute that she used the word cried because that's what the book actually said.
I know that kids aren't supposed to watch t.v. and I agree with the reasons why but I have to say that Noggin (now Nick Jr.) does a great job of teaching toddlers new things. This past week Georgia was talking about saxaphones, having a 'great idea', pirates, cowboys, dinasaurs, volcanoes, canyons, and various other things that she's learned from her friends Dora, Diego, the Backyardigans and the wonderpets. I'm amazed at the things she learns and remembers.
Georgia has become quite the little singer. She's been surprising us lately with the variety of songs that she has memorized and can sing on her own. If I sing a new song to her she'll say "Sing it again" over and over until she can sing it with me.
Georgia still loves reading the bible. I traded with my sister for her kids bible because it is more geared toward young ears and eyes than my more violent version. We figured her son wouldn't be as traumatized by the illustrations of fighting, dying, drowning, etc that our bible had. Every night Georgia wants to read the bible but she doesn't like the stories that don't have Jesus in them. Last night she said, "I need to go see Jesus". I told her that he's with her but she didn't care for that answer. We pray and she thanks God for the kids at daycare and various family members. We always pray for her cousin Derby and one night she said, "bless Derby, be well, don't be sick, be healthy, don't be sick, bless Derby." The other night she said "bless grandpa, heal his foot". I was impressed. My dad hurt his foot a couple weeks ago and we've included his foot in our prayers but I wasn't expecting her to use the word "heal".

No comments:
Post a Comment