Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fall Fun

A couple weeks ago we hosted a pig roast sponsored by Ben's class' student council. It was nice to finally meet some of his classmates and put a face to a name. Georgia, being the social butterfly that she is, loved meeting everyone too. She hardly talked to me all night. There were too many other better things to do like eat cheese balls, play in tents, run around with the other kids, and play cute for the girls who fed her smores.



I long ago realized that I will never know what to expect when it comes to Ben. For instance, I might walk to the back field and find a teepee made of sticks and painters' tarps. No one actually slept in it that night because it got too cold but the kids had a lot of fun.


Last weekend Ben's friend John from Omaha came down with his kids. We raked up some leaves and the kids played for what seemed like hours in the leaf pile.






I'm glad John's sister came over and had the idea about playing in the leaves. The kids had so much fun and it was a great free activity that gave them exercise and kept them contained to one location so it was easy to keep an eye on all of them.


Earlier that day I had taken Georgia to the rodeo with my family. I don't know that she even watched 5 minutes of the show but I had a great time. It was my first rodeo and it was all kids performing -- ages 4 - highschool. I think I could watch the kiddos riding the sheep all day. That is the cutest, funniest thing to watch. I thought all those kids were so brave and amazing. However, I don't think bull riding should be a sport, especially not after seeing what happened to the 17 yr old kid that day. Mammas, you can let your babies grow up to be cowboys but don't let them ride bulls.


After the rodeo we got to see some animals. I think Georgia would enjoy living on a farm with animals. But we would have to keep her from sticking her fingers up the pigs' noses.


We could hardly drag her away from the chicks.



They even got to drive a covered wagon pulled by donkeys.

No comments: