Wednesday, September 1, 2010

3 Years Old!!

Our little girl is 3. I feel like she's been three for a while now because she's so independent but now that she's blown out the candles, I feel like my baby is really growing up. She has such a wonderful, funny, and sweet personality. She leaves an impression on almost everyone she meets. She recently was the flower girl in a wedding and before the wedding she sat with the groom's grandpa and talked to him. Although he has alzheimers and doesn't always recognize his family, he apparently still remembers the little girl that entertained him at the wedding. It's stories like that that make me so proud to be her mamma.
We are STILL trying to get closed on the house we're buying. What a mess a short sale can be. So not knowing week to week, day to day, if we'll close within the next 24 hrs, it was too difficult to plan a big birthday party. We worried that if we invited out of town family and friends to come down in a week, we might be in the middle of renovation and moving and not have time to party. So for this year we kept it simple and low key. I knew that Georgia would just be thrilled if there was a cake and balloons. And she was. I was thrilled to buy her first Barbie doll. I still remember getting my first Barbie so it was as big a moment for me to give it to her as it was for her to open it. But the most cherished gift has been the hand-me-down princess dresses from cousin Riley.


We got a birthday coupon in the mail for the T-Rex restaurant so we took Georgia there for a birthday dinner. The waiters sang her Happy Birthday, in the crazy way that they do, and she sat there speechless with a confused, happy grin on her face.

Georgia continues to amaze us all the time. The other night I was reading a Berenstein Bear book to her that I had read the night before but otherwise hadn't read in probably a couple months. I started reading and all of a sudden she took over and recited the whole book word for word, literally word for word. This book is 25 pages long and has multiple paragraphs per page. I've always suspected that she has Ben's photographic memory, but this left me speechless. I had her "read" the book at daycare and her teacher said she's never seen anything like this before.

She keeps us laughing. She has some jokes that she likes to tell that we read to her from a Wendy's kid's meal. "What did the banana say to the doctor? I don't peel so well" and "what did the zero say to the eight? I like your belt" and "what do you call a rabbit that tells jokes? A funny bunny." She told her pediatrician the banna/doctor joke and he thought that was pretty funny. So did the random people in the waiting room. Ben taught her this joke: "Guess what.  'what?' Chicken Butt." But because I say "bottom" instead of "butt" she modifies the joke when she tells it to me and makes the punch line "Chicken bottom."

She's pretty excited about her little brother in my belly. No, we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet but Georgia "KNOWS" it's a boy and she's named him Googy. I know that my sister named me Carrie even though my parents had another name picked out but I don't think we can go with Googy Fluegge no matter if it's a boy or a girl. But it might stick as a nickname.


When Georgia's in Ben's truck they listen to Kid Rock. Her favorite songs are Blue Jeans, Rollercoaster and All Summer Long. She knows all the words and sings along in her toy microphone. She was so excited when she heard All Summer Long played at a wedding reception recently. We didn't pay any attention but she told us the next day that it had played.

No comments: