Monday, September 27, 2010

Visiting Derby

This weekend we went up to Albia to see Derby before she leaves for Ohio. She just got out of the hospital after a 40 day stay and is now going to Ohio for tests and possibly a big surgery on her esophagus. She'll be gone for at least a month if she has the surgery. Please remember her in your prayers.


After church we went to Ben's grandma's house where the girls were thoroughly spoiled by their grandma, great grandma and aunt Sandy. They could have ice cream in the cone of their choice and if they changed their minds, then they could get a new cone in a different color. I guess a little spoiling is okay as long as she understands that mom and dad won't cater to her at home. That's probably why she asked me if she could move to Albia.

Last weekend was Amy's kids consignment sale. It was twice as big as her spring sale and so much fun to see all the cute clothes. I'm a little sad that I won't be able to work her next sale in March, since I'll have a newborn to take care of.

We are STILL waiting for some news on the new house. Supposedly we're going to close this month but there are only 4 days left and no word yet. It's been 5 months since our original close date. It's really unbelievable that banks can drag something out for so long.

No comments: