Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'll try to get another post in here in case it's a while before I get the motivation again. I'm almost 4 weeks till my due date now and anticipating the day that I'm not pregnant anymore. Although I know I will soon have days wondering "what was I thinking?" and wish I could go back to the easy days of just having a 3 year old. For the most part, pregnancy has been as uncomplicated and easy as the first time around. I did, however, find myself at the hospital about a month ago having a gallbladder attack. Boy was that painful. Thankfully that's all it was and I was not going into labor as we thought I might be, and the pain went away so I did not have to have surgery that night. Aside from that, the most difficult thing about this pregnancy is that I'm trying to keep up with a 3 year old. She is absolutely wonderful, sympathetic and helpful but I still have to lift her up into the car, lean over the bathtub to wash her, pick up misc. toys and clothes that get left on the floor (bending has been difficult for months) and sit on the floor to play pollypockets in the dollhouse. Georgia always reaches out her hand to help pull me back up off the floor or out of a chair. I have braxton hicks contractions all the time and it's been going on for a while so it makes me walk like an old lady. And like the last time around, I've gotten to the point where my ribs feel like they're going to break when I sleep. The baby is pushing up into my rib cage and it makes it difficult to sleep more than 30 minutes before I have to roll over. But I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, just documenting for my own memories. Thankfully, I haven't gotten sick all winter and neither have Ben or Georgia. That is such a blessing considering it's cold and flu season.



Georgia has been our little angel the past few months. She tells me probably 15 times a day (no exaggeration) that she thinks I'm beautiful and that she loves me. She tells Ben that she thinks he's cool. She loves to give compliments too. She'll tell me she likes my shirt or my shoes or my computer or anything she can think of to compliment me on. I think she just likes being nice and likes the response that she gets from saying nice things. She continues to be the entertainment at church during the offertory and children's moments. I don't know how she does it but she innocently gets the congregation giggling every Sunday. Whether it's how long it takes her to get her money into the offertory tube or how she chats with the reader during the children's moment. Last Sunday the lady doing the children's moment was really nervous. Georgia told her her name, stood beside her and made comments about the story. Everyone was giggling and after the service the lady told someone who then told me that she felt like Georgia was her angel because she calmed her nerves. People are always coming up to me after church saying they love to come to church to see what Georgia will do or say. My dad says she does her own ministries. I guess she does.


She continues to amaze us with her memory and ability to learn things quickly. She got a book, "Pinkalicious", for Christmas. To put this into perspective, it's 20 pages long, has lengthy paragraphs on each page, and the story is probably written for children 6 or 7 and up. After hearing it 3 times over a couple of weeks, I overheard her reciting it to herself. She was about 40% accurate - word for word. By the time she had heard the book 8 times, she could recite it with almost 100% accuracy - word for word. I videotaped it because it was so crazy to us that she could do this. Freaky almost.

What I love most about Georgia right now is watching her play. She will sit and play with her dollhouse for hours. Sometimes it's her Barbies but right now she's into her pollypockets, mostly because they are the right size for the dollhouse. Ben and I listen to her play and just smile at how she comes up with most creative storylines for her princesses. I don't remember being so verbal when I played as a kid and I don't remember having the imagination to make up conversations for my dolls like she does. I'm so glad that she's able to entertain herself so well because that will come in handy when I have a baby to take care of.

"Snowing", as Georgia calls it. 

Ben went to 4 stores to find a sled because he wanted to take her sledding.

No comments: